How to Enroll
There are 3 steps to the enrollment process.
Step One: Pre-Enrollment Meeting
- Meet with the Admissions Counselor;
- Discuss opportunities as a student at Hinton Barber and Beauty College;
- Take a tour of our campus;
- Discuss payment options: FAFSA, Private Pay or other agencies that apply.
Step Two: Enrollment Meeting
- Estimate given based on payment option;
- Determine Start date;
- Collection of ID, Social Security Card and High School Diploma or G.E.D;
- Sign enrollment contract and all Financial documents.
Step Three: Orientation
- A formal orientation on courses, policies, rules and regulations.
Financial Aid Application Process
In order to have funds available by the time school begins, students are encouraged to begin the application process two months before the program start date. Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with our school code , including all verification documents, and all Financial Aid Supplemental Forms to be considered for grants, and student loans. To learn more, please contact the Financial Aid Advisor at (707) 647 2800.
- The student must be enrolled and maintain satisfactory academic progress to receive financial aid.
- The student must sign an affidavit of educational purposes, Selective Service Registration compliance and default certification.
- The student must notify the Financial Aid Advisor of any name or address change.
- The student must notify the Financial Aid Advisor of any changes in his or her financial situation.
- The student must notify the Financial Aid Advisor of any outside scholarships, grants or other sources of assistance.
- The student must comply with all financial aid deadlines.
Sources of Financial Aid
Subsidized Direct Student Loan Program – If you are unable to meet tuition expenses from grants, work and family assistance, you may be eligible to apply for a subsidized Direct Student Loan. Maximum loan amounts and current interest rates for the loan may be obtained at the time of application. The loan is guaranteed by the federal government, which pays the interest while the student is in school. Contact the Financial Aid Office for information on application procedures.
Unsubsidized Direct Student Loan – You may also be eligible for an Unsubsidized Direct Loan.
Federal Pell Grant – The Federal Pell Grant is a student financial aid program designed to assist students in the continuation of their education after high school. A student who does not have a bachelor’s degree, is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and is enrolled on at least a half-time basis in an eligible institution may apply for a Federal Pell Grant. Eligibility is determined by the student’s/family’s financial resources, according to a formula developed and reviewed by the U.S. Department of Education and Congress.
Federal PLUS Loans – Creditworthy parents of dependent undergraduate students may borrow under the Direct PLUS Loan program. Contact the Financial Aid Office for information on maximum loan limitations, application and disbursement procedures, and current interest rates.
Disbursement of the Loans – Disbursements are issued to the school, and electronically transferred into the student’s tuition account. The student must be in attendance and be making satisfactory progress to receive the loan. Hinton Barber College requires students to bring their tuition accounts up to date at the time the funds are disbursed.
Financial Aid Resources
FAFSA – Financial aid available to those who qualify. Title IV Federal School Code: 042098 Go to: www.FAFSA.gov
Expected Family Contribution Calculator – Use this calculator to estimate how much the student’s family will be expected to contribute for the year and g ain insight into the student’s financial aid eligibility. Go to: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/pay-for-college/paying-your-share/expected-family-contribution-calculator
Obtaining a License
The California Board of Barbering and Cosmetology regulates licensure and the practice of barbering in California. If you want to become a licensed barber or cosmetologist in California, complete the following steps:
- Complete a Barber or Cosmetology Program
- Apply for a California Barber or Cosmetology License
- Take and Pass the Required Barber or Cosmetology Examinations
- Maintain your California Barber or Cosmetology License and Explore Job Opportunities